Leon N. Weiner & Associates, Inc. has earned certification as a Green Builder from the National Association of Home Builders.
The National Green Building Standard is the foremost green rating system for residential construction in the United States and the first and only residential green rating system to have earned the approval of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
To comply with the Standard, builders must incorporate a minimum number of features in the areas of lot and site development; energy, water, and resource efficiency; indoor environmental quality; and homeowner education.
As a leader in sustainable building, LNWA conducts regular energy upgrades on its properties and always incorporates green building methodology into new construction and rehabilitation.
We focus on environmentally sound building principles:
- Integrative and universal design
- Access to public transportation
- Low-impact development
- Storm water management
We use top-quality green building materials:
- Recycling of construction waste and ongoing operations waste
- “Green Label” carpet
- Low-VOC paints, caulking, sealants, and adhesives
- Water-saving devices
- Energy Star-rated appliances and construction materials
- Geothermal HVAC systems
- Photovoltaic/solar hot water systems
- Improved air quality through low-VOC emitting paints, adhesives, carpeting, etc. and access to fresh air via windows, balconies, and terraces
- Promotion of alternative transportation and locations near public transportation and basic goods/services
- Reduction in energy usage through energy-efficient appliances/windows and CFL bulbs